All are welcome whether you have a regular practice or want to learn.
As far back as the great prophetic schools and early yeshivas, the rabbis meditated before Torah Study. You are invited to merge your own meditation practice with this time-honored tradition. After a brief framing discussion, the group meditates in silence for twenty minutes. Ask for a suggested breath technique, if you like, or practice in your own way. Instruction, if desired, is available from 7:30 AM. The room is also open at that time for yoga practice or conversation about meditation.
Comments about meditation from regular participants:
- "Something was missing from my life; I think it was me."
- "It is a point of stability in my week, when I rest with myself, rather than get carried by whatever hits me from outside."
- "I sit alone with myself, and yet I feel the power of others doing the same."
- "I like the clear structure, with emptiness in the middle."
- "Burdens seem to be lifted off me."
Instruction available if desired.