2nd Annual 6th Grade B’nei Mitzvah Family Retreat
Come celebrate Shabbat with your Beth Am community. Plans for our second annual 6th Grade B’nei Mitzvah Family retreat are well underway. We are planning a fun-filled retreat aimed at helping you get to know the other kids and families who will be celebrating a Bar/Bat Mitzvah around the same time as you. Last year’s retreat was a smashing success. Families came away with a strong connection to each other and had an absolute blast!
Going through the B’nei Mitzvah process can feel overwhelming, but when we come together as a community to share our joy, excitement and questions, it becomes a wonderful and meaningful journey. Enjoy camp activities for adults and kids, such as:
- Ropes Course (for kids and adults separately)
- Special Presentation of B’nei Mitzvah Torah Portions
- Cabin Time
- Challah Baking
- Group Learning with Rabbi Marder and the Beth Am Clergy
- A Group Hike with Its-It Ice Cream
- A Family History Project
- Havdalah Ceremony
- Campfire with S’mores and Songs Led By Beth Am Educator Mike Mason
- A Taste of Sonoma with Wine (for adults only)
- Glow Stick Capture the Flag/Night Fox (for kids only)
Please join us as we, play, learn, hike, sing and of course eat s’mores. You won’t want to miss out on the fun, so mark your calendars now. Register online!
*Unfortunately, there was not sufficient interest to organize a bus. Families who woudl like to be on the carpool list are encouraged to email Cantor Shpall at firstname.lastname@example.org.